Give To Jon and Anna's church

Friday, July 15, 2016

Immerse

So this summer my sister in law is manning a program called Immerse.  The idea is for youth groups to take a missions trip to Lincoln to take a look at some of the ministries that our churches have going on. (F street Neighborhood church and Northern Lighthouse).  Since we, the Bolivar House, are pretty embedded in it and also are cool people, the groups have been coming to our house to hang out and have a tour.

The first group that came through was huge and we got a crash course in what this whole thing was going to be like.  I don't know that I took very good pictures of that group coming through because it was so new and we were pretty busy while they were here.  However, highlights included my wonderful description of walking into walmart and feeling like I could see the blood of slaves all over the clothes that are for sale there.  This was a shocker, I followed up to explain that we live in an Empire and we have a responsibility to think about the purchases we make and how they might be effecting the poor in other countries.  I didn't mean to go into it....but I did....whoops.  Another "mistake" I made with this group was when I heard a loud boom and stopped my presentation to say, "was that a gun shot, no that was probably just a firework, but earlier today, I totally heard a gun shot."  I covered it up by saying, "its okay, you guys are safe, no one is going to shoot you".  I decided NOT to point out the bullet hole in our window upstairs on the tour. :)

I don't recall saying anything too scandalous or shocking to this group.  Other than asking them if they remembered meeting a friend of mine earlier in the day.  telling them why I find him such a wonderful part of our community and then saying, "well, he was in prison for murder".  I suppose that might count as both scandalous and shocking.  I reminded them to remember my friend next time they read something in the paper like "convicted killer denied parole". (see my other blog post with that title about another friend of mine).

Anyways, we are loving meeting these kids, and they seem to be loving us!!  The group stopped by today before they went back home and I got some lovely pictures of them that I wanted to share here.
I told them to hold up their coffee!  Todd gave them samples of the T.E.A.M. bean coffee to take home with them!

They all just fit in so easily with our community, shooting the breeze with Mikey and most likely talking about coffee or grants with Todd!

This wonderful group painted our fence for us, so I HAD to make them stand in front of it!! :)  We are so happy with all the ways this group blessed us.  They also made an awesome mural that I will add a photo of soon....when my baby isn't crying :)

June's favorite person is Sarah!!  Sarah even did her hair up for the big goodbye...here she is pointing to our friends as they drive off!!

I hope we get to see you all again someday soon....and perhaps we can have an online friendship until then friends!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete