Give To Jon and Anna's church

Thursday, September 8, 2016

words that work.

We home school Ishmael, our 6 year old.  In fact, my husband and I aren't the only ones homeschooling at the Bolivar house anymore.  Last year the Schmeeckles started homeschooling Amber and this year Asher is being home schooled too, although he has his own on site teacher.  Allison agreed to go part time in her para position at LPS to help home-school Asher for the Schmeeckles. 

Anyway, as I have been reading the kid oriented bible book I have been finding a lot of truths.  Which really just proves my point that if someone has low literacy and no biblical knowledge as an adult, maybe we shouldn't hand them the NIV bible, perhaps we should hand them a storybooks with pictures!  But I am moving away from my point, which is this, I was reading along in this book and it was a rendition of John 14.  Jesus was talking to Philip and said, "dude, you keep asking me about my father, but I am telling you, you have been hanging out with me for a while now, if you know me, you already KNOW my father."  (Anna's paraphrased version)

It kind of stopped me cold.  Because I am have been following Jesus for a while now, and I am DOWN with Jesus and His teachings, but to be honest, the "Father", the God of the old testament, has always kind of freaked me out.  The old testament is full of smiting and what seems to be crazy massacres for no other reason, other than those people aren't HIS people, and you know what, it freaks me out. The Jesus I know, seems to love all people, I mean, He did die for EVERYONE right, regardless of who they were?

Anyways, it made me think and brought me a lot of peace, it is amazing how Jesus can bring peace in the midst of any storms with His words of truth.  I can't wait to see Him face to face and look into His eyes, man, that must of been super intense when he walked this earth.

So there is my deep thought for you, brought from the pages of a kids bible book.

3 comments:

  1. Lets Go Join With Me @bolavita Www.dewasabungayam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete